Cuba: Azucar, Tabaco & Ron (Sugar, Cigar & Rum)
Do not contact us to book this tour, we are NOT a travel agency or tour operator, this page is for information only.
Prices (2017, in CUC): Adult 75 / Child 38
Frequency (may vary): Every day
Duration: approximately 8 hours
Pick-up/drop-off at your hotel, transportation in air-conditioned bus, tour guide, lunch + 1 drink and welcome cocktail at Restaurant Rancho Palma.
This full-day tour is ideal for people who wish to learn more about Cuban culture and way of life and see the beautiful countryside of the Ciego de Avila province. Live also a journey back in time to learn more about the history of the sugar production, which has long been one of Cuba’s main industrial activities.
- Cross the causeway (Pedraplen), en route to Moron
- Brief stop at the Parador San Fernando (rest area / bathrooms)
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride though the city, starting at Hotel Moron up to Parque Agramonte, and back to Parque Jose Marti.
- Visit the Galeria Pauyet, a gallery-workshop that create exclusive pieces or art from cutlery items.
- Free time in the downtown area to wander the street and do some shopping.
- Visit the Patria Sugar Mill Museum (history of the sugar industry and old locomotives exhibition).
- Ride on a steam train from the early XX century.
- Lunch at the Rancho Palma restaurant with one drink and a welcome cocktail included.
- Receive as a souvenir a cigar and a small bottle of rum (adults only).
- Visit the Crocodile Farm.
- Motorboat ride through the channels of the Laguna de la Redonda (Redonda Lagoon).
- Back to your hotel in the Cayos.
Suggestions on what to wear and bring:
Comfortable shoes and wear, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, bottled water, camera, cash in small denominations for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
Click to view our Gallery of Moron City.
Click to view our Gallery of the Crocodile Farm.
Click to view our Gallery of the Laguna de la Redonda.
Lily & Normand