Do not contact us to book this tour, we are NOT a travel agency or tour operator, this page is for information only.
Prices (2017, in CUC): Adult 79 / Child 40
Frequency (may vary): Monday (Gaviota), Saturday (Cubanacan)
Duration: approximately 12 hours
Pick-up/drop-off at your hotel, tour guide, transportation in air-conditioned bus, lunch with one drink.
Enjoy a day-trip to one of the best preserved colonial town in Cuba. Its cobbled streets, pastel-coloured houses, old squares, monuments, and colonial buildings, reflect a past era when the sugar trade was the main industry in the region.
- Pick up at your hotel for you bus trip to Trinidad (about 235 km)
- Travel along the causeway to reach the mainland, and then through the provinces of Ciego de Avila and Sancti Spiritu. Enjoy the beautiful views of the Cuban countryside and the mountains of the Sierra Escambray.
- Quick stop at a lookout point over the Sugar Mills valley called “Valle de los Ingenios”.
- Visit to the Hacienda Manaca Iznaga and its bell tower.
- Free time to take pictures.
- Lunch at Restaurant Plaza Mayor in Trinidad, first drink included.
- Visit to the Romantic Museum, The Plaza Mayor (Main Square), and the Plaza Real del Jigue.
- Free time to wander the cobbled streets of Old Trinidad (declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO), do some shopping in the handicraft market, or just sit and relax in a locaL bar and taste a "canchanchara" (a typical cocktail of this region).
- Back to your hotel in the Cayos of the Jardines del Rey archipelago.
Suggestions on what to wear and bring:
Comfortable shoes and wear, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, bottled water, camera, cash in small denominations for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
Click to view our Gallery of Trinidad.
Lily & Normand