Santa Clara - Che in a Day
Do not contact us to book this tour, we are NOT a travel agency or tour operator, this page is for information only.
Prices (2017, in CUC): Adult 80 / Child 40
Frequency (may vary): Thursday
Duration: approximately 12 hours
Pick-up/drop-off at your hotel, tour guide, transportation in air-conditioned bus, lunch with one drink.
This full-day tour takes you to the province of Villa Clara and includes a visit to the small colonial town of Remedios, and to the provincial’s capital Santa Clara, where Che Guevara and his comrades won the final battle of the Cuban Revolution.
- Pick up at your hotel for you bus trip to Santa Clara (about 230 km).
- Travel along the causeway to reach the mainland, and then through the provinces of Ciego de Avila, Sancti Spiritu and Villa Clara, with beautiful views of the Cuban countryside, towns and villages.
- Stop at Remedios to visit its historical center, its church, and have a drink at hotel Mascote.
- Panoramic tour of the historical center of Santa Clara City, including a visit to the museum and monument of the “Tren Blindado” (armored train), the “Parque Vidal” (park), and the “Teatro La Caridad”.
- Stroll around on foot along the Boulevard to see the commercial zone and the daily life.
- Lunch at the restaurant of Hotel Los Caneyes.
- Visit to the Che Guevara Musuem and Mausoleum. Free time to take pictures in the square also known as the “Plaza de la Revolucion de Santa Clara”, which pays tribute to the immortal hero and his comrades.
- Return trip to your hotel in the Cayos or the Jardines del Rey archipelago.
Suggestions on what to wear and bring:
Comfortable shoes and wear, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, bottled water, camera, cash in small denominations for souvenirs, drinks and tips.
Click to view our Gallery of Santa Clara.
Lily & Normand